Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Where is the World is Amy?

I want to thank everyone for your kind words and prayers. We are in Tennessee right now; it's raining and very gloomy. I'm not sure that I would say that I'm OK because I feel like a mess. I'm fighting to hold back the tears. They are way to hard to stop once they start falling. Matt is doing a wonderful job driving, I haven't had to drive at all. We drove to the north side of Atlanta last night and stay in a hotel. We should be in Anderson this evening.

I told Matt that I wanted to go back home and pretend this never happened. I would love to do that. It seems that there is already some drama going on with the family. My brother isn't real good with getting things done so I'll have a lot to do when I get to Anderson. I have no idea what to do. I do know that she wanted to be cremated. She was on Social Security disability and I'm hoping that they will pay for it. Mom didn't have any money and my brother doesn't work so I just don't know??

We are planning on having a small service at grandma's house with family and friends. I'll be bringing mom home because she LOVED Madeira Beach and the Gulf of Mexico. She will get her wish and be there forever. We play on having a party for her too.

I still can't believe that she is gone. I still can't believe that grandma is gone too. I do know that both of them are forever in paradise. They have both left a big piece of themselves in my heart. I will see them again.

I can't check my email right now but I will be checking my blog.

Thanks again guys, you are awesome friends.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy, I am so sorry that you have to go through all this. You can be sure that my prayers continue for your comfort and strength. Be sure to carry all your pain to the Lord in prayer. He will be your strength when you feel you have no more strength. God's blessings to you at this sad time.

Anonymous said...

amy i have been praying for you i pray that you have safe travels up there and back im sure the service you plan on having will be ok with your mom she knows that you loved her and will do your best to have a nice service for her just lean on the lord and he will be there to help you thru this sad time my prayers are with you and your family

with deepest sympathy
connie

connie said...

amy i have been praying for you i pray that you have safe travels up there and back im sure the service you plan on having will be ok with your mom she knows that you loved her and will do your best to have a nice service for her just lean on the lord and he will be there to help you thru this sad time my prayers are with you and your family

with deepest sympathy
connie

ops i meant to have my blog on here sorry about that

jag said...

I wish I could be there with you right now and just handle everything and give you hugs. You're in my prayers and I'm here for you ANYTIME.
Love,
Jenna

Tracy said...

Thought of you a lot in the last couple days-sending prayers and hugs-
Tracy

jag said...

Amy,
Still thinking of and praying for you. I hope your okay. Well, I know you're not "okay," but I hope you can find some peace.

Love,
Jenna