Monday, December 8, 2008

Missing my Mom

My brother called yesterday evening to tell me that our Mom had passed away. She wasn't feeling well yesterday so she laid down to have nap. Duane was concerned that she was still sleeping so he went to check on her and she was already gone. I'm glad that she didn't suffer.
I keep thinking that it's just a bad dream and I'll wake up. How can both my Mom and Grandma die in four months? I was just telling Matt last week how much I miss Grandma. I'm not sure how to deal with this. I do have an amazing support system to get me through. The kids are doing OK and are looking forward to going to Indiana. We are leaving today to drive up.
Mom was only 55.
Grandma, Mom & I in July

5 comments:

connie said...

iam so very sorry to hear about your mom's passing i wish i lived closer to you i would come and give you a hug whats your home address i want to get a card out to you please send it to me ok i pray for safe traveling on your way up there. wish there was more i could say to you just know you are in my thoughts and prayers

with deepest sympanthy

Tonya Cotton :o) said...

Amy~ I'm so sorry to hear this news !! :o( Please know I will be praying for you and your family, also for your traveling mercies !!! I lost my mom right before Christmas too, it made it just that much harder !! She was "young" too, she had just turned 66, was working full time just so much energy & life still. I miss her so much, wish I could give ya a hug, welp, conceder yourself (((((HUGED))))). love to you !!

Anonymous said...

Amy, I am so sorry to hear this about your mom. My heart cries for you. There will be many sad days ahead, and I will be praying for God to lift you up, comfort you, and strengthen you. May the prayers of others give you comfort.
Please know that I am so sorry that this has happened. Praying for safe travel to and from Indiana. God bless you.

Martha

Tracy said...

Oh Amy what a shock! I am so sorry for the lose of your mom-I know how difficult it was losing your grandma. Losing a parent is something no of us no matter what age can be prepared for.She was too young! I lost my dad when he was 64.
Know I am thinking of you and your family as you travel and am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. The days ahead will be difficult but let yourself grieve-as you know with your Grandma it is a process and it will take time.

Sending HUGS! I know with it being Christmas season it seems so unfair-I am sorry! I don't know what else to say.
Bless you and your family
Tracy

jag said...

I am so sorry to hear about this. I just don't even know what to say, hon. I'm here for you. I'm praying for you. Please let me know what I can do for you. You are a wonderful person and I'm so sad that you're having to cope with another loss.
Love you,
Jenna