Thursday, December 11, 2008

It is so cold here!

Greetings from Anderson Indiana. We are here and wow is it cold. The snow melted before we got here so the kids are really hoping that it will snow tonight. The forecast calls for flurries tonight. I could do without the snow.
I'm so glad we came up. My brother is in no shape to help with any of the arrangements. Matt my cousin Lei Anne and I went to the funeral home yesterday to get that taken care of. The county trustee is paying for the cremation so we won't have to worry about that. I met with the trustee this morning. We have decided to honor my Mom this evening at LeiAnne's house. I'm not interested in doing anything with her so called friends. Tonight will be family. My brother has been heavily medicated and not able to help. I'm worried that he will overdose like my mom. I spoke to the corner yesterday and he is pretty sure that it was an accident overdose. They found empty bottles and she had just been to the doctor. The corner said that her it would take a couple weeks to get the result's back from the blood that was taken.
I'm hangin in there and staying busy. I've had so much to do that I haven't had much time to have pity parties. My grandma's house is a mess. Duane isn't into cleaning. It was not any fun to be in that house. I did find a letter that she was writing to Savannah in a notebook. It was really sweet and Nana loves it. My Mom was a real pain but she loved my kids. They were her life, well them and Jeff Gordon. Her room is covered with Jeff Gordon and pictures of my kids. I'm going to bring some home.
The kids are having a blast playing with their cousins. They stayed all night at LeiAnne's house last night. They are brave to have our 3 and their 4 kids all night. We went to visit my Nana (my dad's mom) this afternoon. It was great to see her and my 1/2 brother Mikey.
We need to head over to LeiAnne's now. Mom's obituary was in the paper today. That's the only thing that we had to pay for. Here is a link if your interested.
http://www.legacy.com/heraldbulletin/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=121224205

2 comments:

jag said...

Hi there. I just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you. Hope to talk to you soon.

Love,
Jenna

Tonya Cotton :o) said...

AMY~ Glad to hear things are going smoothly. What a "treasure" nana will always have from her grandma, so glad you found that note. Take care , we love ya, and God Bless !!