Sunday, December 28, 2008

2008, the year in review

I'm so glad that 2008 is almost over, I say bring on 2009. This year has been full of sorrow, pain and good times. Matt and I celebrated our 10th anniversary in February with new tattoo's. I love my little lady bug and I can't wait to get another one. Luke and I had our birthday's in March, I'm now 35 and Luke is 8. We took a Disney vacation the first of April and it was awesome. I hadn't been to Disney since I was 3!! We spent two nights on property and spent a day at Disney and a day at Epcot. We bought the 4 day passes, and saved the other two days for later. I was also able to attend Fashion Fund's the Cure to raise funds for research to cure childhood cancer. Our little princess turned four in April, and WOW is she growing up fast. She is also a reminder to us of all the children around the World suffering from cancer, hunger, disease and abuse. We are dedicated to helping these children.


Savannah is still taking tap/ballet once a week, and she loves it. She had her first recital in June and her class did wonderful. All of the dad's were included in their routine. It was so sweet. In May I was stung by a stingray on my right foot. Talk about so serious pain!! The last week of June we headed out to my mother-in-laws time share on the beach. We were there for the forth of July and had an spectacular view from the beach of local fireworks. It truly was a magical week as a family. I know that Matt and I will always remember this week.


I took a trip by myself to Indiana for a few days in July to visit my grandma. It was thought that she had bone cancer in her shoulder and, her time here on Earth was limited. While I was in town we found out that it was her breast cancer that was back and in her shoulder and spine. She was in so much pain. It was so awful seeing her like that. After I came home she lost all feeling in her legs and was admitted to the hospital. She went to radiation everyday to help with the pain. I got the dreaded phone call on August 10th that grandma had passed. My mom and brother were with her at the hospital; so she wasn't alone. Her death was the hardest thing that I've ever dealt with. She was so much more than a grandma, she was my best friend, and she was always there for me. I have a huge piece of my heart that went with grandma, and I have a huge piece of her heart that she left with me.


Savannah and I had our first girl's weekend at Disney World in early September. We spent a day at Disney meeting the Princess' and having a blast. We spent the night in a hotel and attended Disney on Ice the next day. We had so much and I can't wait until we have more girl time. Matt took the boy's to Disney's Hollywood Studio's for a guy day. They had a blast riding rides because Luke is now tall enough to ride everything!! My boy's have no fear when it comes to roller coaster's, they LOVE it. Austin turned 12 in September! It's hard to believe that he will be a teenager next year...scary!! Matt and I went to a Maroon 5 & Counting Crow's concert in early October. Everyone likes to make fun of me for liking Maroon 5 but that doesn't stop me. They are my favorite band forever!! November was busy with school and appointments. We stayed home for Thanksgiving and I cooked everything for the first time. It was awesome.


I received another dreaded phone call on December 7th from my brother....our mom was dead. She was only 55 and her death was such a surprise. She was home at the time in her bed. We believe that she accidentally overdosed on her meds. It doesn't really matter how she died, I still miss her the same. We loaded up the mini-van and headed to Anderson, Indiana to make arrangements. We were in town for almost a week. It was so surreal, and still is. I though that losing grandma was bad, but it's a walk in the park compared to losing my mom. I just can't get it in my head that she's gone. We got a call while we in Anderson that our beloved dog, Pepperoni was dragging his hind legs and needed to go to the vet. It was decided that he should be put down ASAP. So we didn't get to say goodbye to him, and that really sucks. I'm glad that we didn't see him suffer though.

Matt will turn 35 tomorrow and we will welcome a New Year very soon. I think the kids had a good year, we spent alot of time having fun together. We also have some really great friend's that have helped get us through all the rough time's. When Julie and John heard that my mom had died they were at our doorstep with lots of love, food and. I am so grateful for them, they always seem to know what we need. We have so much fun together and our kids love them to pieces. I was also able to reconnects with some old friends in Indiana. The Cram's have been amazing letting me stay with them in July and in December with the whole family. They made sure we had some fun while in town, that is through the tears.

The highlight of every trip up north is getting to spend time with my cousin/BFF LeiAnne and her family. We have seven kids together and they all love each other so much. I am really missing Lei, she knows me better than almost anyone.

Well that's 2008 in a nutshell. We had some really great game nights and some really good sporting events too. Our days are filled with normal busy stuff with the kids. Luke is being fit for hearing aides on Monday. His hearing has continued to worsen so it's time for some help. He's excited to finally be able to hear soon.
I would like to wish you all a wonderful New Year. But most of all; happiness forever.

1 comment:

jag said...

Girl, 2008 has been tough on you. I hope 2009 has more ups than downs! P.S. I'm going to need to see that ladybug! I had no idea! Cute.