Saturday, December 13, 2008

Are you kidding me?

We are headed home to sunny Florida as I type. We were able to see some snow yesterday and the kids loved it. They just sat and looked out the window forever. The little service for my Mom turned out to be so much fun. We had close to 30 people there and so much food. We ate, laughed and there were a few tears shed. All the adults played pictonary and had a last. Mom would not want us to have a pitty party, she would want us to have a good time. It was really nice to get to visit with friends and family.

Well we made it through all of that and got some more bad news yesterday. Our dog Pepperoni was dragging his hind legs and acting starnge. Our nephew took him to the vet. We aren't sure how but he some how shattered a disc and was paralized in his hind legs. Our only options were surgery and having him put down. Our vet wasn't even sure if she could help. So we had to have him put down yesterday. We are completly devistaed. Our dogs are our furry kids. What really sucks is that we didn't get to say good-bye. We do know that he was very well taken care of and gots plenty of love. Poor Hummer is an only dog again.

I took tons of pictures that I will be sharing soon.

Thanks for all your prayers!

3 comments:

jag said...

Pepperoni's gone?! I'm so sorry amy. I miss seeing that little guy in the car circle! Praying for better days for the Nasworthy Family. Love you guys!

Tracy said...

Amy-
So sorry to hear about your family pet-another set of feelings to deal with-those furry friends do become family and we become so attached. Hang in there! Thinking of you.
Tracy

Tracy Solomon said...

Amy, I have just been heartbroken for you over these past days as everything has gone on. Every since your grandmother passed, before that really. Then your Mom suddenly. I just wished I could take that pain away from you. I would if I could. While I knew you would headed up there, I knew you were being as strong as you could possibly be and would be the strength of your family when you arrived. Then your sweet Pepperoni passed. Oh, having my dog of 19 years pass just made my heart drop for you because I thought, "Not this too." I read your comment just now on my blog and how you turned everything around into a positive. That your Mom didn't pass before your grandma and your family didn't see your dog suffer. I know through all your heart is breaking and suffering but you are doing all you can to strong but Amy, you have such a strong heart and a love that is just more than words can express. When I read that, it made me smile because God's love always shines through you:)

Love, Tracy