Thursday, October 4, 2007

Home, Hannah & Hope

I'm got to come home yesterday from the hospital. My plan is to do as little as possible the next week or so. Matt is doing a great job with the kids and the house. He's even taking Savannah to the doctor right now for her check-up. So I'm home alone right now :~)
We had dinner delivery yesterday by the Stevens' family and it was awesome!! They brought me some beautiful flowers to the hospital on Tuesday too. Our family and friends have been a huge help with food and anything we need, thanks guys! I know we have more meals coming.
I wanted to ask that everyone please pray for Hannah Deal and her family. Last I heard was that she is being heavily sedated and that her time is short. I can't even begin to imagine how her parents are feeling right now. Wanting to soak up every second with their precious daughter but wanting her suffering to be over. Hannah and her mom, Lisa have been working on a toy drive for hospice. It's the Ladybug Toy Drive and their goal is to collect 1000 toys. This would be a great way to honor Hannah. Visit her website for more info.
http://www.helphannah.org/default.aspx
Our "Pennies From Heaven" kicked off Monday at Perkins Elementary and will continue thur November. All money collected will go to the Pediatric Cancer Foundation to fund the cure. It's a great way of getting our kids involved in helping each other. I hope to expand this fundraiser to other local schools.
Matt and I have some really great friends and they have been so supportive of my fundraising efforts. I got a call last night that our friends that make surf boards are going to donate 5% of all sales to the Pediatric Cancer Foundation. John is a survivor himself!! He beat colon cancer as a child.
Please pray for the Solomon and Hawkins' families too. Nikki had a MRI done yesterday and I know the waiting is killing Penny. We need it to be CLEAR!! I know that everyday life for both these families is a struggle right now. They are so grateful to have their children home and doing well but there are still bills to pay.
Thanks for checking on me and praying.

No comments: