Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hannah

I went to Hannah Deal's funeral today. It was a beautiful tribute to one special little girl. Everyone was dressed in either pink or red; Hannah's favorite colors. The funeral home was all decked out in everything princess. Hannah loved to dress up and was wearing a princess dress and looked so peaceful. She had her bear bear and make-up on too. She was surrounded by her favorite things and those that loved her. Everyone got to take one of her treasures home, I chose a care bear. After the service we all went outside for a butterfly and ladybug release.

I sat and listened to her family tell stories about their time with Hannah, and of course I went through quite a few tissues. I loved what her pastor had to say about life and what's important. The things in life that are important are relationships and the impact that we have. Hannah was only on this earth for 4 short years but her impact will be felt for many years to come. Some people live 100 years and don't have the kind of impact that Hannah had.

I am a better person for knowing Hannah and her family, and I will forever carry a piece of her with me in my heart. Attending a funeral for a child is the most humbling experience I've ever had. I have peace because I know that she is in paradise with Jesus waiting for her loved one's. She is done with the pain, the procedures, and the cancer.

No comments: