Monday, August 4, 2008

Update on Grandma

I got some news today about my Grandma and it's not good. She was set to go home on Wednesday after she finishes her radiation. They now want her to stay two more weeks so that she can have radiation on her right breast; which they think the cancer has spread to. She has already had her left breast removed. Her spirits seems good and she is getting some relief from her pain. She does have some bed sores that they are treating now.
I owe my Mom an apology. She has been so awesome in taking care of grandma. She goes to hospital at least three times a day to feed her. Grandma won't eat unless someone helps her. I know that a huge burden was lifted when she wasn't in charge of grandma's pain meds anymore. When she does come home she will be getting her pain meds through her port that was just put in last week. I have peace knowing that mom is taking care of Grandma. I don't think anyone could care for her as good as my Mom. My Mom has always looked to Grandma to help her and now it's the other way around. My cousin LeiAnne and I are my Mom's biggest cheerleaders now. We listen to her when she's upset and let her vent. When she's having a bad day we try to cheer her up.
Please continue to pray for my family.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Hello my friend:
I continue to check your blog and see how you are doing and for updates on your sweet Grandma.
Keeping her in my prayers as always.
HUGS!
Tracy