Saturday, August 16, 2008

What a difference a week makes.

Last Saturday we were all getting ready to head to the beach for some surfing. The beach was awesome and the boys absolutely LOVE to surf. The boys and I had never tried to get up. I was able to get up on my knees and the boys had no problem standing up. Matt got his first 'real' ride too. We had a blast surfing and hanging with friends.
After the beach we had dinner at a friends house. Later that night we went out to celebrate Donna's 40th (I mean 27th) birthday. We were able to surprise her and had some good times. I couldn't have asked for a better day.
Last Sunday at 5:44 pm my Grandma took her last breath and her tired body was no longer needed. I have faith that her soul is with God. She believed and accepted Jesus as her savior. God's promises are what get me through each day.
This past week has been really tough. I am missing her so much. When I was sick as a child my mom would take me to Grandma & Grandpa's. Grandma would make me a couch bed and set up a TV tray to hold my 7up and chicken noodle soup. Grandma and I would would watch her 'stories' all afternoon. I still watch The Young & Restless today. Grandma always did things to make me feel special. Whenever Grandma would cook liver & onions she would make me something different that I liked. Grandma always served the big meal of the day at Noon complete with bread, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers. When I was pregnant with Austin she would make me bacon every morning so I could have a BLT.
I miss you so much Grandma!!

1 comment:

Tonya Cotton :o) said...

Thinking & praying for you Amy ..... (((((HUGS)))))
Love,
Tonya :o)