Monday, August 11, 2008

Grandma

February 18, 1923 - August 10, 2008

I was hoping that I would wake up this morning and realize that I had a nightmare, and that Grandma is still with us. Instead I woke up with puffy, aching eyes. She is really gone. How do I live without her when she was the one constant in my life? She was so much more than a grandmother, she was my best friend, my biggest fan, my biggest supporter and so much more. She was the one that I couldn't wait to call and share good news with. The one I could cry to, laugh with and always depend on.

I miss her so much already. Knowing that I will see her again is what will get me through this. That and my awesome family and friends.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Amy,
The comment I left on your myspace is the comment I tried to leave on here but it wouldn't let me until I changed my password and all. So now that is done, I wanted to say my heart goes out to you and your family. I am praying for you to have comfort somehow. It is really hard and unbelievable but you will get through it. You will miss her and that will be the hardest thing to deal with. So lean on your hubby and your friends (ME) to help you, don't bottle it up! Take care my dear friend, Love Ya!

Tracy said...

Amy-
I gasped when I came to your blog and realized your Grandma had passed. I am so sorry for your loss-The relationship you had with your Grandma sounds very much like I had with mine.(she has been gone 6 years and I still sometimes I forget she is gone) My heart goes out to you as you grieve for your loved one. Hold on to your memories and take care of yourself. Thinking of you and I am an email away.
Hugs!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

My sweet, dear Amy. I am so, so sorry to hear about your beloved grandmother. Even though you are hurting now, be comforted to know that she is at peace and pain-free and is your angel watching over you and your family. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I love you.