Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Grandma

I received some news today that I'm wishing I didn't know now. My cousin Lei Anne called to tell me about her visit with Grandma today. Grandma was upset that she couldn't feel her legs so Lei Anne decided to call her doctor to get some answers. Dr. Eddy told Lei that Grandma will never walk again....or have control of her bladder again.......ever again. Grandma doesn't know yet because Lei Anne or I don't have the heart to tell her. Dr. Eddy wants to tell her himself. He also told Lei that he wasn't sure how long her insurance would pay for her to stay at the hospital. We are hoping to get Hospice involved very soon.
I called Grandma at 7 pm this evening and she was very much a Chatty Cathy!! I think the morphine finally did the job. She was somewhere out in left field!! I didn't ask about her pain but it was clear that she wasn't feeling it. She was laughing and joking about everything. I told her that there was a hurricane in Texas named Dolly. She said "no wonder every one's been talking about Dolly all day!!" I told her how glad I was to get to see her last week and how much I love her.

3 comments:

Tonya Cotton :o) said...

Amy~ I'm so sorry your grandma will be getting the news of not being able to walk again. I will pray for the doctor & how he gives her this news. So sad :o( I hope she stays in the hospital longer for her sake. My prayers are with you too Amy, I know it hurts you being so far away not being able to help. Take care girl !!

Faithful Froggers said...

I am praying for your Grandma and your family. Your grandma sounds like such a precious person!

Tracy said...

Amy-
I too am sorry about the sad news of your Grandma's condition-I know this all has to be taking it's emotional toll on you-Know that I am sending HuGs from Kansas and continuing to pray for the best situation and care for your special Grandma! Glad you got to talk to her tonight-very cute about Dolly :)