Friday, July 25, 2008

Grandma

I called Grandma yesterday evening and she wasn't up to talking. Her nurse answered the phone and I could hear her in the background moaning. They tried to sit her up but she just couldn't get comfortable after that. They have to put her in an ambulance to take her across the street for radiation. All the moving around is taking it's toll.
Dr. Eddy said that her cancer is progressing much faster than anyone expected. She will be getting two more weeks of radiation then go home with Hospice. She may not ever leave the hospital.
I keep thinking about Grandma laying in bed moaning in pain. She just wants the pain to go away. I wish I could take it away. As hard as it is to see my Grandmother go through this, I can't imagine a child going through it. I feel like everything should come to a complete stop because my Grandma is suffering. But life just keeps moving on.
Thanks again to everyone that has left such sweet comments, they really do help. I do good through the day but when I turn the lights out; that's when it hurts. Last night it felt like my heart was breaking. I am going to miss this lady.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My heart is breaking right with you, Amy. I am hoping that peace will find your grandma soon and you all will feel God's great comfort. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. I love you!