Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Update

I have to start this blog off with a warning that this may be long and all over the place. I have so much to say but I can never seem to get it all out, but I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem, or at least I hope I'm not. So I'll do my best to make this somewhat entertaining. And by the way thanks for reading.
I'll start off with my big plans for next month. If everything works out the way we have planned, I'll be having surgery on October 1st to put my bladder back to where it belongs. I've had issues for years and I'm ready to take steps to correct it. It is major surgery with a 2-3 day hospital stay and 4-6 weeks to recover. I would rather suffer for a couple months than the rest of my life. My wonderful husband will be taking care of me and the kids.
Luke was finally able to get his MRI on Tuesday morning but no results yet. He has a hearing test tomorrow morning before school. I hope that we see an improvement this visit. He goes every three months to keep a close eye on it. Then next week he goes back to his allergy doctor. It will be nice to get all these appointments out of the way. He's still having headaches but they don't seem as bad, either that or he's just used to them now. I'm hopeful that we will get some answers soon.
The yard sale is in less than two weeks away and I'm getting pretty excited. I've had some great donations to sell with more promised. I still have so much to do but I also have great help. The garage next door is filling up!!
I'm happy to tell you that Luke's school will be helping to raise funds for the Pediatric Cancer Foundation. Luke's teacher was able to have my flyer included in the school newsletter and I had a parent contact me. Mrs. Crane knew first hand about pediatric cancer because her son battled Ewing's sarcoma and died in 2005, 9 months after diagnosis. Dylan attended Luke's school, Perkins' Elementary here in St.Pete. It was her idea to approach the staff about putting containers in each classroom. We hope to call it "Pennies from Heaven" and every penny will go to fund a cure. I'm so excited to be doing this!! I pray that we are able to raise big money!!
I was telling Matt last night that I was glad that I finally started doing something to help. I used to sit around and wish that I had the nerve to do something. I love being able to help people that I care about. If I can make one persons life better than I have succeeded.
Here is a link to Dylan's website, he was an amazing young man.
http://www.dylancrane.com/links.htm

No comments: