Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Amy style!!

We had the best Thanksgiving ever. We stayed home and I cooked everything. This was my first year preparing everything so it was important for me to be able to really enjoy the day at home. Anyone who knows me; knows that I LOVE to cook. I cooked for two days but it was so worth it. Our meal was the best dinner that I've ever had. We had a 18 lb turkey, 10 lb ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, gravy, rolls, pumpkin pies, chocolate & peanut butter chip cookies, cherry delight and hot chocolate. Matt's mom and her boyfriend stopped by in the evening and dropped off more pumpkin pies and a homemade cheesecake. It's a desert junkies dream come true.
Thank goodness I was able to burn off some of those extra calories with lots of shopping. I hit Kmart & Walgreens Thanksgiving Day. This morning I went to a music store, Walmart, Big Lots and Bealls. I found some great deals and I can't wait to see the kids on Christmas morning!! I just love this time of year. It's a little different this year because my grandma isn't here anymore. I think I miss her more everyday. It was always a challenge to get her a Christmas gift that she liked. I learning that her favorite gifts were pictures, she always needed more. I took the kids to the beach the other day for a photo shoot. I got some really cool pictures that are going to be on our Christmas card/photo. I'll post some pictures after I get the cards mailed off.
I am so thankful for everything and everyone in my life. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

No comments: