Monday, November 17, 2008

Luke

Luke had his hearing test this afternoon. His right ear had improved just a tap and the left was the same. So we are moving forward with hearing aides. I have an application for assistance from Sertoma Foundation that I will send off in the morning. Our Audiologist, Kathy has working with them many times so she is a great help. They help many families with the cost of aides since most insurance companies don't cover the cost. Luke is actually looking forward to getting them because he realizes that he's been missing things. Kathy will be sending in paperwork too telling them what he needs. After we get all the finances straight he will be fitted. They have to make a mold. We should be able to get them ordered before 2009.
I'm getting a little nervous about my colonoscopy on Wednesday. I start my preparation in the morning. I can only have clear things and nothing red. I also have 3 bottles of Citrate of Magnesia to drink and finish it off with 2 Dulcolax.....yummy! I think I'm more worried about the pain after the procedure because I'm a wimp when it comes to pain. As long as everything is OK I'll be fine I'm sure. I'm off to scrapbook.

2 comments:

jag said...

Well, I'm so proud of Luke for having a great attitude about the aides. He's so special (like you don't know that). About that colonoscopy... no worries. My folks have had them and say it's not so bad. I'm sure it doesn't tickle, but they say it doesn't hurt either. Let me know if you need anything.
Love,
Jenna and Nuggets

Tracy said...

Amy-
I will be thinking of you as you do your prep tommorow -ugh!!!
Hang in there!!!
Tracy