Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thank God that's over!

Today was the big day.....my colonoscopy!! I will tell you all about it but I want to start with yesterday's prep. It totally sucked not being able to eat, I did have some broth and Italian ice. I started drinking the nasty stuff around 4:30pm with the first 15 oz dose. After I drank that I had to drink at least a 1/2 gallon of clear liquids. I drank the next 15 ozs at 7pm. All that stuff did was make me really sick to my stomach and I ended up getting sick quite a few times. I took the dulalax at 9pm and went to bed. I was up and down all night going to the bathroom. So the job got done in the end.
The procedure went very smoothly. My mother-in-law was here on time and we headed to my appointment 15 minutes early. She dropped me off and took the kids for breakfast and shopping. When she was leaving from dropping me off I gave her my purse to hold for me. Well it had my cell phone with all my numbers programed into. I couldn't remember her number to save my life. Since Matt is in Delaware for work he had his phone turned off. To make a long story short, she finally called to check on me. I felt like such an idiot for doing that. I never do things the easy way.
The doctor found one 4 mm polyp that he removed and sent to the lab. I also have a few mild internal hemorrhoids. They even gave me pictures!! I go back for a follow-up appointment in three weeks. I'm relieved to have it over with. I'm in no pain at all and I feel great. I can't believe that I'm talking about such unpleasant things but I guess that's life.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

So Glad your experience was better!
You don't remember anything? I am envious if that is possible-envious of a good colonoscopy experience-wow our lives have come to this! LOL
Tracy

jag said...

Well, I'm very sorry you had to go through that, but I'm glad it wasn't too terrible. Man! I hate when you have to drink "stuff" per doc's orders. It never tastes good. Miss you.

Tracy Solomon said...

I am glad that is over! I imagine you were quite nervous going in there. I hope you are still feeling well this morning. Praying all the results are good and it was the hemoroids causing the problems. Can you believe how easy we talk about all of this?? Who would have imagined this would be a subject of conversation when we were kids?

Love, Tracy

Tonya Cotton :o) said...

Glad that is done & over with !! I have heard that colonoscopys are not what they us to be like, not much pain if any anymore. But I didnt want to tell you not to worry , cause I've never had one, only heard. I would have hated to tell you that and then you said "that was so bad Tonya ". So, glad its over & done !! Love ya !!