Wednesday, October 1, 2008

kids & a root canal

Austin had a great birthday weekend. Matt took Luke and Austin to Disney's Hollywood Studio's last Friday and they had a blast. I had a little one on one time with Austin Friday morning before they left. We went to IHOP for breakfast just the two of us. It was great to be able to talk without any distractions. I think we are going to do it every year now.
I have a tooth that has been a real pain. I had it filled and it still hurt so my dentist tried to fill it two more times. After a month of pain and way to many dentist visits I ended up getting a root canal yesterday. It was the root canal from hell. He had to keep giving me more shots because I could feel the drilling. He finally got it numb after 5 shots and quite a few tears. It was just awful but it's over now....no wait it isn't......my tongue is still numb after 31 hours!! It's just the tip and I'm told it could last days. Nothing is ever easy with my teeth.
I have a meeting at Luke's school tomorrow to see what can be done to help with his hearing loss. We are supposed to get results from the gifted testing they did last May too. I'll update again after that.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Amy-
Glad Austin had a wonderful b-day.
The one on one is a great idea!
Sorry about your tooth-root canals are not fun and it sounds like yours was even more horrible. I hate going to the dentist! I had root canal months ago and my tooth still has issues-but I am in denial. Have a great rest of the week!
Tracy