Friday, September 5, 2008

September

Katia & I

I can't believe it's already September, this year is flying by. This month is very special for so many reasons. I had my first born in September. My grandpa died September 6, 1997. We celebrate Labor Day and the kids are back in school. The weather is starting to cool off a bit and September 11 is never far from anyones mind.

September is also National Childhood cancer Awareness Month, and this year September 13th will be their day. More children are diagnosed with cancer than in September than any other month. Last year was such an awesome year for me. I was losing weight, feeling good and fundraising to help families that had been faced with a very sick child. I meet some unbelievably remarkable kids during my journey. I am a better person because of these kids.

I have really wanted to do a fundraiser this year but I've had to focus more on my family right now. I am writing this blog to hopefully encourage everyone to do something, anything to fight this beast. If you don't have the extra money there are still so many things you can do. Donate blood, blood products, join the National Marrow Donor Registry, donate your babies cord blood, volunteer at a Ronald McDonald House, raise awareness by spreading the word. There are so many children battling this beast and for many, there are no more options. I just can't imagine being told that my child will die, but sadly this happens everyday. Families are being put through absolute agony watching their child fight so hard for every breath and step.

Here are links to some of my favorite charities that I encourage you to donate to. Every single penny is needed, no amount is too small. We will and are making a difference.

http://www.katiasolomonfoundation.org/

http://www.fastercure.org/start.htm

http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Thank you!!!

1 comment:

Mits said...

Hello,
I can understand that you love the kid. You should think about you physical.
===================================
Deepak

look4ward