Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Where did we go wrong?

Matt and I will both admit that we aren't the greatest parents but we do our best. Last Thursday when I picked up Luke from school he said that he needed more money for lunch. I asked him where all the money went? It seems that a boy in his class asked him to buy him some ice cream at lunch. This was 2 months ago...and he's been doing it everyday since. So we have been buying this kid ice cream everyday for 2 months and he has NEVER bought Luke ice cream. Needless to say Luke isn't allowed to ever buy ice cream at school again.
Nana and I were out spending her b-day money yesterday and when we got home there was a message from the school nurse at Austin's school. I kid in Austin's class bit him twice on his left arm. A 4th grader did this!! The skin wasn't broken but the teeth marks are there. This morning he had bruises. Is it just me or does it seem crazy for a 4th grader to bite someone? Austin said that he had accidentally kicked the other boy's chair.
We want our kids to be giving, caring people but not to be taken advantage of.

2 comments:

Faithful Froggers said...

Oh, Happy 4th Birthday, Nana! I am so sorry I am late. But I loved all the pictures . . . she is just precious.

Amy, you didn't do anything wrong at all!! It sounds like the other kids parent's are doing something wrong.

Hope you and your family are having a good week.

Tonya Cotton :o) said...

**Wow, your right Amy. A fourth grader should not be doing this !! I'm sorry all that happened, it would make one wonder ! Hope you all have a great weekend!! :o)

Tonya