Monday, April 21, 2008

It's the little things

We had a great weekend. Savannah and I went to the beach on Friday afternoon after we had a quick visit with Katia. Getting a hug from Tracy and smiles from Katia was awesome. The best part was how giving, loving and caring Nana was being. She's been known to be a little diva and gets quite upset when things don't go her way. She was so excited to get to see Katia and even made her some pictures and a goodie bag. Seeing Nana like that made me believe that we are doing something right.
I took all the kids to the beach Saturday while Matt was at a beach clean up in Bradenton. I have started picking up trash when I'm at the beach. If everyone would do a little it would make a huge difference. I want the beaches here to be beautiful so that my future grand kids can enjoy them.
Sunday was a great day too. Matt took the boys to see a movie and I was able to do some shopping for Nana's birthday. We got tons of stuff done around the house and outside. I had to run to Walgreen's to pick up a few things and when I got home Matt had dinner cooked and served!!! I had marinated some tuna steaks and put veggies on kabobs. Matt cooked that all on the grill and even made rice too. Dinner was amazing. I think food always taste better when someone else makes it. I do love to cook but a break is always welcome.
There are so many little things that mean so much to me. Matt always tells me how much he loves me. He is always doing things that show me too. I can't get enough hugs and kisses from my three wonderful kids. I have special things with each one.
Thanks for checking in.

No comments: