Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hello

As you can see from the pictures, we had a great vacation. I did get pretty tired though. We did a lot of walking and waiting. This was our first major outing without a stroller. Nana did great, but I can't say the same for Daddy's back. The Magic Kingdom was packed, there were people everywhere!! Thankfully they have the speed pass on most of the big rides. Disney was everything I expected and more. They have made sure to not leave out any detail. It really is magical and nothing quite compares. We didn't even do 1/2 of the things they offer. Believe it or not, we didn't meet any of the princess'. The characters we met were at Epcot.
The resort was awesome. The grounds were beautiful and there was so much to do. It would have been nice to have a bigger room. The room had two double beds and a twin pull-out. The boys took turns with the roll-out. We have a king sized bed her at home so the doubles seemed really small.
Our day at Epcot was a blast too. I was pretty beat by Saturday and my legs wanted to hang it up, but we pushed on. We ran from country to country in between the rain. The Soarin' ride was awesome and the 360 movie in China was great. We all had a great time.
I can't help but feel a little guilty. We are having the time of our lives and an amazing young woman is losing her battle with cancer. I have followed Emily Lester's fight for many years. I never had the chance to meet her face to face but I did see her in the fashion show last year. Emily was 18 and had battled leukemia for much of her young life. I hope to attend her wake tomorrow evening. I'll will never understand why she had to fight so hard. Here are some links if you want to read about this amazing warrior. She had just been accepted to Duke University and awarded a scholarship worth $60,000.
http://www.caringbridge.org/fl/emilylester/
http://blogs.tampabay.com/breakingnews/2008/04/barnes-scholar.html

No comments: