Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Girl's night

Me & Tonya
Nikki
Katia & I
I had a great time at the fashion show last night. I went alone but meet up with some awesome ladies to hang out with. I spent the first 15 minutes looking for someone I knew...anyone! I was able to meet a few new people and see lots of people from last year. The show was set up a little different this year to make room for everyone, and there were still many standing. I was lucky enough to get a seat this year. Thanks Tonya and Mary for hanging out with me, it was so much better than sitting alone.
The girls were awesome again this year. It's really hard to explain how special it is to be a part of something so great. These girls have fought so hard and lost so much because of cancer. This was a night for them and about them. As I watched each girl take her turn on the runway I was just in awe. This years show was dedicated to two girls (Taylor & Camille) that were in the show last year but have since passed away. I can't imagine being so young and watching your friends die. There were also two girls that were unable to attend because they are in the hospital. Emily is battling for her life at St.Jude's and Sierra has pneumonia. They were all dearly missed.
The event was on track to raise $300,000!!! Last year $160,000 was raised. This money goes to the Sunshine Project for pediatric cancer research. Our children deserve more options than they have. If the drug companies won't research to save our children then we will.

My MRI was normal. I'm hoping that this numbness will just go away like it came. I go back to the doctor next month and hopefully she will know what it is.

1 comment:

Proud Momma of 3 said...

I really wanted to meet you. Us cancer mommas don't have a choice in being in this walk but you,you do this to help. You are a hero and I wanted to give you a hug and say thanks!!

Love,

Mary Lynn & Sierra