Sunday, August 19, 2007

Up on a soapbox today

I was watching a show the other night about the super-rich and what some of them do to their cars. They would spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a brand new car and then put another couple hundred thousands on 'pimping' it out. I was amazed at what they can do theses days to make these cars customs. The cars are really neat but I do know why you need such extravagance? I think it bothers me because I know of so many better things to spend money on.

Everyday I read about children that are fighting for their lives and sometimes losing the battle. I have read about so many parents that were told that their is nothing more that can be done to save their children. I can't imagine how helpless a parent must feel to hear that their child will die and you will watch it. How can this be in 2007? We need to fight for our children and find a cure. I'm sure everything seems rare until it's your child. We owe all these brave families more than they are getting. They need to know that they are important and that we are united in finding a cure.

I know of quite a few families that are going above and beyond in fighting the beast that is pediatric cancer. Foundations are being started and money is being raised to support families in need and funding research. We need more trials and new drugs made for children not adults. I encourage everyone to do something about this. September is National Childhood cancer Awareness Month. Tell everyone to support research and families. Many families lose their home, and everything, many have to travel long distances to get treatment. Some families aren't able to survive cancer and split up. None of this is OK and we need to change it.

2 comments:

Amy S. said...

Amy, I just time reading your blog. I want to tell you how much I enjoyed it! You are truly blessed to have such a wonderful family. I love the pictures. Your boys are sooooo handsome. Im looking forward to coming back for updates.

Hugs and Love

Anonymous said...

AMEN Amy.....you said it right! That bothers me that people spend so much money on silly stuff like pimping thier car out when it was a $40,000. car to start with...heck...probably more! I am just so thankful that their are people out there like you that actually care....it says alot about a person! I hope all is going well for you! Take care and keep on keeping on!
Love ~ Kim Dubin