Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Looking back

I can't believe that it's already the middle of August 2007. Where has all the time gone? It seem like it was just yesterday that I was planning my summer. And now my kids start school next Monday and Tuesday. Austin will be in 5th grade and Luke will be in 2nd grade. I still need to get Austin some new pants and they both need school supplies. It's really hard to buy any supplies before school starts because each teacher has a different list of things they need. So it looks like we will be at Wal-Mart along with 1/2 the county on Monday night!

We have had an awesome summer and I've enjoyed ever minute of it. I took the kids to the beach yesterday afternoon just for fun. We only stayed about an hour and a half, we had enough time to collect shells and swim. The water was like bath water, almost to hot, and it was so calm. It was a perfect day for the beach and I'm so glad we went. I love that we only live 10 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico; paradise. It's very important to me that my kids have a happy and fun childhood. I want them to look back and remember how much their parents loved them and all the things we were able to do.

I may complain about my kids from time to time, after all they are human. They drive me crazy most of the time. They argue, complain, fight, tease each other, make messes, and more messes. They can be selfish and ungrateful. It's during these times that I remind myself that I wanted kids!! They are also the sweetest kids you will ever meet. They love each other more than anything and would do anything for loved ones. I'm so proud of them, and the wonderful people that they are. They know how blessed they are to be health and stable. They know about other kids that are fighting for their lives and families are split up. They know that it's always better to help someone else out. They've seen others reach out t0 us when we needed help.

I'm sure that in a few years I'll be sitting at my computer like I am now wondering where all the time went. I hope that I am looking back at wonderful memories like I am now. Family vacations, middle school, high school, dances, college, marriage, kids, etc. I love my life and my family.

No comments: