Thursday, August 23, 2007

Back to life

Well it's official, summer is over! All the fun is over now that school is in session again. No more sleeping in, no more being able to stay home all day if I want, no more surprise beach visits during the week. As much as I love having the boys at school, I actually miss having them around the house.
I feel blessed that they are able to go to school everyday. They both love their teachers and schools. Luke has already found a girlfriend in his class. He said her name was Sierra and she sits next to him, and of course she very pretty. Austin is more concerned with hanging out with the guys and trading cards, and talking about video games.
The boys go to schools on opposite ends of Pinellas County, so I do quite a bit of driving. Matt takes Luke in the morning when he's in town. So I only have to take Austin in the mornings, but I have to pick them both up everyday. There is a bus for Luke to ride but I would still have to take him to and from the bus stop. The busing around here isn't the greatest, it involves much waiting.
So were off to another year of school and many hours of driving for Mom. I love that I am able to stay home and give them rides. I'm sure they will all finishing school before I know what happened. They are growing up so fast. I can't imagine our family any other way, but before I know it, the kids will be gone, and it's just Matt and I. That will be strange because it's never been just the two of us; Austin had just turned 1 when we met. I'm really looking forward to our 'golden' years together. I love my family so much and look forward to each day with them.
Speaking of getting back to real life, I need to get ready to take Savannah ready to go to the dentist for her first cleaning. She's pretty excited and loves the dentist office. She went a couple weeks ago for an exam with x-rays, and everything looked great, no cavities. The boys didn't have any either!! They go for their cleaning after school today.

No comments: