Tuesday, February 17, 2009

86

Tomorrow is my Grandma's birthday, she should be turning 86. I still have times when I forget that she died. It's just so weird to not have her around. I miss all the funny stuff she used to do and say. She would walk in a messy room and say that it looked like a cyclone hit. She would get tired of hearing Grandpa tell the same story over and over. She would say under her breath "that old man". I think she really liked it deep down. She always named her cars and it was usually Betsy. She didn't miss an episode of The Price Is Right and she loved watching her Cubs play ball. She used to play Bingo years ago and she really enjoyed playing the tip board at the VFW. This woman always had a tissue some where on her self in a pocket or in her sleeve. You better believe that dinner was on the table at 12 noon everyday, this was the big meal of the day.
I miss her so much.

1 comment:

jag said...

I wish I knew her. What a cool lady. I'm certain she would think a cyclone hit our house. Hugs on a tough day.
Love,
Jenna