Thursday, July 26, 2007

Taylor

This is a picture of Taylor Arrington at the "Fashion Funds The Cure" fashion show in March of 2007. Taylor is now cancer free and watching over her family from Heaven. Although I never met Taylor in person, I grew quite fond of her through her Caringbridge website. I was able to meet her amazing mom, Mary Kay at the fashion show. In a matter of months I saw Mary Kay again but this was at Taylor's Celebration of Life service.
I'm writing about Taylor today because I am just amazed at the strength of her family. They are completely devastated with the loss of their spunky Taylor, but they are even more determined than ever to see that a cure is found for Pediatric cancer. The cancer Taylor had was especially cruel and the effects of her treatment were very apparent. See Taylor has a identical twin sister, Jordan. I can't imagine watching one twin flourish and grow and watching the other battle for her life everyday.
I read this on Taylor's site today and I felt led to share it with you. Please visit her site to find out more about this family. http://www.caringbridge.org/fl/taylor/
DID YOU KNOW....
Cancer remains the number one killing disease of children age 20 and under, taking more young lives than AIDS, Asthma, Cystic Fibrosis and Diabetes combined.
Nearly 13,000 children are diagnosed with cancer in the US each year.
Approximately 2500 children lose their battle to the disease each year.
Currently in the US, there are nearly 40,000 children being treated for a form of cancer.
Of those children 20 will not survive their battle.
Only three percent of the budget from the National Cancer Institute goes toward pediatric cancer research.

No comments: