Tuesday, July 10, 2007

NASCAR, surfing & Katia

Things have been really crazy lately in my little world. Matt and I went to the Pepsi 400 last weekend in Daytona Beach. There is nothing quite like a NASCAR race. It ended up being the closest finish and is now in the record books. The pre-race events were awesome too. The National Anthem was sang by Bianca Ryan (she won America's Got Talent last year) and boy did she sing her heart out. While she was singing, the National Guard brought out this huge American flag and of course there was a fly by (F-15's I think) and fireworks. In honor of Bill France Jr. the field was split by The King, Richard Petty in a special throwback Chevy. It was amazing to see!!

It was definitely a very long day and so hot. It looked like it was going to rain all day but thank God it didn't. I can't imagine how hot it would have been without the cloud cover. Most of you know that my favorite driver is Dale Jr. along with about 75% of all the fans. He was involved in a wreck very early in the race along with some other great drivers. The wrecks are always exciting to watch and the action in the pits. Our seats were at the entrance to pit row by the start finish line. They were perfect! The steps were definitely much easier to go up this race. I went a little overboard with eating and drinking, but I'm back to my plan now. I wanted to 'live a little' and I think I 'lived a lot'!! Sorry for getting crazy after the race guys.

I was so happy to get home Sunday afternoon. I was beat and I think ever inch of my body was sore Monday morning. I did get up yesterday morning and do my 4 mile walk with Savannah. It made me feel human again. Now were getting ready to go to Myrtle Beach for our family vacation. Were going with one of my favorite families and learning to surf. I've been running around trying to get everything we need. We are renting a house close to the beach for a week.

I would like to ask everyone to please pray for the Solomon family. They are really struggling with so much right now. Katia's on going medical issues are very complicated and are affecting her quality of life. It's been such a long hard fight for her and I just want her to get some relief. I can't imagine watching my child go through what she been through. I know that Myron and Tracy are so very grateful for everyday they have with their miracle. But it's got to be hard watching your baby suffer. Tracy is having some pretty serious health issues going on too. And and on top of that Myron was hurt at work not long ago. They believe he fractured his neck. They also have their oldest daughter preparing to go off to her freshman year of college 5 hours away.

I will try and get some new pictures up soon. I need to start packing and getting things together.

1 comment:

My Life said...

Hi Amy! I love your new blog, especially the pictures of your family. Glad you had a good time at the races. I'm not a big race fan but it sure did sound exciting after reading your description. I may turn into a fan yet. LOL

Big hugs to you!!

Linda