Thursday, May 21, 2009

update about my back

I saw a pain management doctor today to discuss my back issues. He spent quite a bit of time with me and explained what was wrong. I was really surprised to hear how bad it was. The ortho doc didn't go into any details and sent me to get an epidural. He didn't even suggest a doctor, I had to ask my family doctor.
I have re-herniated L5-S1. He said that the size of the herniated disc concerned him and also a collection of fluid. We are going to try an epidural and go from there. He also wants me to have a neurosurgeon look at my films. If I do need surgery it will be complicated because of scar tissues from my first surgery.
Of course I would like to avoid surgery and I'm willing to try just about anything. I also have some research to do so that I can make better decision.
Things are crazy busy with the end of school and every one's programs to attend. Savannah graduates Pre-K, Luke is going on to the 4th grade and Austin will be a 6th grader in middle school. We have some fun things planned for the summer so hopefully my back won't be a issue. Thanks for checking in, I'll update soon.

2 comments:

jag said...

Oh, man! I'm sorry you're having such a rough go of it. Praying you're well soon. Can't believe it's the end of the school year! I would love to see you ALL soon! My kids are sick though, so I don't want to get you guys sick. SOON! We can swim!

Tonya Cotton :o) said...

Amy~ So sorry to hear this news !! Hoping & praying that you will not need the surgery !! Take Care of your self.( We are off to Orlando again for the long weekend !! Would love to run into you !!!) Have a wonderful weekend.