Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Gift

This is Savannah at last years dance recital

When I was in Indiana last December, I found a letter in a notebook that my mom had written to Savannah. I think she had written it about a month earlier and never sent. I will always know how much she loved my kids. Having this letter is so much better than any amount of anything! So here is the letter:

Dear Savannah,

Hi, I love you!

You sing the flag song great. Grandma is very proud of you. I hope you enjoy your classes. I always had a good time playing with the other kids. How are your dancing lessons? Are you taking them every week?I loved taking dancing lessons when I was a little girl. I had a dress like yours for one of my recitals. You look great in that color of pink. You look great in everything.

I am watching the NASCAR race tonight.


*that was the end.

I have been a little on the negative side lately. I didn't even realize it until someone told me. I am making it a point to think positive and hopefully act positive. I am so happy with my life and my family. I am so thankful for everything I have. But at the same time I'm still a little upset about my mom and grandma's deaths. I want to honor them and live life to the fullest.

I just wanted to share the letter with you. I will aways treasure it and pass it on to Savannah.

No comments: