Monday, June 16, 2008

The Weekend

We had a wonderful weekend staying at home and relaxing. Matt said it was the best Father's day ever, and I think I agree. The kids and I had surprises for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We made cards, signs, cake, truffles and root beer floats. We just did whatever Matt wanted to do and, he loves being home.
I did take the kids to the beach on Saturday to fly Nana's new kite. It was so beautiful but a bit hot. I thought about how blessed I was to have the life I have. I thought about how people spend their savings to come here for vacation and I live here. I thought of how blessed I was to have my three healthy kids with me enjoying a slice of paradise. They don't know what it's like to not have such beautiful places in their backyard. I was also thinking about how blessed I was to have so much support from family, friends and many friends that I have met on-line.
When I first found out that my grandma most likely has cancer, I was crushed. I came to the computer and spilled my heart out in hopes of getting stronger. I have been truly blessed with all the support I've received. I am feeling my better knowing that I'm not alone. I have the best friends.
Grandma goes to the doctor at 1:15 tomorrow. I hope that they have a plan of action and get started on it ASAP. I will be posting any new news tomorrow. I'm also planning on going up to Anderson for a couple days. I haven't seen her since Nana was a baby in November of 04. She used to come to Florida ever year to visit family. She's stayed pretty close to home the past 10 years.
Thanks again for checking in.
Oh, I almost forgot....Dale Earnhardt Jr. won the NASCAR race yesterday!! It was his first win in over two years. Tiger Woods was awesome yesterday too!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your weekend was so good! (Happy Father's Day to Matt!)
You and your Grandma are in my thoughts and prayers. I love you!

Faithful Froggers said...

Oh, Amy, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. Know that I will be praying for her and your family.

I am so glad you all had a great Father's Day. My husband is the same way - he just likes to stay home! :)