Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tests & more tests!


Grandma with her b-day flowers


I don't really have any new news to share about Grandma. She went to the Oncolgist yesterday and they ordered more tests. I believe an x-ray and blood work were taken. She needs another test done before a biopsy. They are ruling out things right now, the first is a blood cancer. Hopefully things will get done quickly and we will have a diagnosis and start treatment.
I'll be in Anderson next month (7-13 thru 7-16)to visit Grandma. I'm praying that the drama will not make me crazy. With my family there is alweays drama. I plan to focus on Grandma and not worry about that stuff. They gave me a hard time saying that I would be sorry if I didn't see her before she dies. So I make plans and Matt is taking vacation days to be with the kids at home. Now they are upset because of where I want to stay while I'm in town. The only one that's not upset is Grandma.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great pic. of your Grandma!

Tracy said...

Amy-
Sounds like you have family drama too! My advice to you is do what is best for you and enjoy the time with your Grandma-the rest is just stuff- I haven't met you personally but I can tell from your blog, comments on mine and comments on Katia's message board you are a sincere, caring and awesome person-Set you boundaries with whomever is causing you stress and drama-I know it is easier said than done :) I so hope your visit with your lovely grandma is special and full of memories!
Thinking about you!
Love ya
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Just wanted to say ditto, to Tracy's commentary and words of wisdom.

Best wishes!