Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas break

I can't believe how long it's been since I've blogged, I've been very busy. Matt had a nasty cold that knocked him on his backside. He's feeling much better now but he was too sick to go to his mom's on Christmas. I took the kids and we had a great time. The kids love hanging out with their cousins. They will all grown up one day so I treasure each moment I spend with them. Well maybe not every moment but most. We also had family in town from Michigan; Aaron, Sam, Leah and baby Elijah. It was Elijah's Florida debut!!

Today is Matt's b-day and we have dinner plans with family. I had a party last night at our friends house for him and we had a great time. I made him a book for his birthday, and he loves it. He said it was the best gift he's ever received. In our house, the person that's having their birthday gets to celebrate all week. We don't really plan it that way but somehow it always ends up that way. So this is Matt's week.

Matt been off work all week and doesn't go back until Wednesday. It's been great having him home except for the part about him being sick. I think he's a bit spoiled!! He has also spent many quality hours with the boys playing their Wii. That video game is like crack but more addictive. I like to watch everyone play and get so into it. Of course the men that play can't stand to lose. I like the bowling and golf but I don't play enough to get good. I would recommend the Wii to anyone thinking about buying it, it rocks!!

We have some big changes coming in the New Year for our family. The biggest will be how we eat. We are going to be eating a more organic diet with whole grains and the good fats. I know we will all feel better without all the extra chemicals in our bodies. We haven't been eating so great since my surgery and I haven't walked in a while. All that will change very soon. I know that I've put a few pounds on but I know I'll get rid of it soon enough. I feel like I've laid the ground work on becoming more healthy in 2007, and 2008 will be even better.

No comments: