Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was a wonderful day with family and way too much food. I made a turkey, gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole, cake and oatmeal raisin bars w/ cream cheese icing. Kelly (sister-in-law) did the ham, mashed potatoes, carrots, corn casserole, broccoli and rolls. My mother-in-law brought three kinds of pies and Brownies with peanut butter. We all stuffed our faces, watched football and ended the evening with poker.
I braved the crowds and went shopping on "Black Friday". I went at 7:30am so I didn't have to wait to get in. Wal-Mart wasn't all that busy but Toys'R'Us was crazy. I waited in line to pay for 40 minutes. I only waited because everything I got was 50% off. I LOVE getting good deals. I'm pretty much done with all my shopping now. I have a bunch of stuff to make though. I went on a bit of a cleaning rampage the last few days. I got the tree up, decorations up and I even did the lights. I love this time of year and I can't wait until Christmas.
I finally started walking again too. I was putting some extra pounds on and losing all my muscles that I worked so hard for. I now everyone eating better in the house. Matt and the kids like pretty much everything I cook. I've been slowly changing things so it wouldn't be so overwhelming. I made soft tacos the other night and used whole grain shells and fat-free cheese. Everyone loved it!!
This should be a busy week full of classes, school, Cub Scouts and dinner guests. Thanks for checking up in and leaving comments. Have a great week.

No comments: