Thursday, April 23, 2009

Austin Rocks!!

I am so proud of Austin. He has really struggled with school over the years. We've tried different schools, different medications and lots of studying. When I picked him up from school yesterday he told me that he got a 90% on his math test!! He also has all A & B's so far for this grading period. He is reading for fun now and he finally 'gets' math!!! We are beyond happy, were a bit giddy. Matt was so happy that he gave him $10. We made it clear that they won't happen all the time. So watch out middle school Austin will be there in August.
This Sunday Savannah will be turning 5!! Instead of having a party we are going to Orlando to stay a night at the Hard Rock Hotel on Universal Studios property. We will hang out at the hotel Saturday and go to Universal on Sunday. We all got yearly passes for Christmas presents. The Hard Rock gives us the speed passes for Universal. We love that we don't have to wait in line, it's so much better that way.
I think I'm coming down with a cold. That won't stop me from having a blast. I'll just deal with it because that what Mommies do. Matt will be going out of town next week for almost a week. So we will all have to get our Daddy fix so we won't miss him so much. This will be his third year going to a golf tournament in Tennessee with a bunch of AAA guys. He works very hard and deserves to let lose and have fun with his work buddies.
Thanks for checking. I'll have some new pictures soon.

2 comments:

Tonya Cotton :o) said...

Happy "early" birthday Savannah !! :o) We do the same thing when we go to Universal, it's just so much better to do it that way !! We are going over there for Memorial Day weekend. We have stayed at the Hard Rock & Portofino before. So this time I booked us at the Royal Pacific. We love taking the boats over to Univrsal, al tho the Hard Rock you can walk over too, we also took the "bike ride" over. We are staying one night there & two nights at the Nickelodeon Hotel. Sara has never been at the Nick hotel, we will be eating breakfast with the characters. She loves Dora !! Anyway, you all have a great time !!! ****** WAY TO GO AUSTIN********

jag said...

First of all, I'M SO HAPPY FOR AUSTIN! What a great kid! Second, I hope you're feeling better.

P.S. If you felt like making the drive (25 minutes), I would LOVE to have you guys over!