Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Update on me

I went to my doctor's office today to get results from blood work that I had done a couple weeks ago. My neck is really bothering me too. I'm going for some x-rays on Thursday to take a peck at the bones. I can deal with some pain but I'm having numbness in my neck and down my spine. I'm sure I just pulled something.
My blood work showed that I do a thryoid issue and my vitamin B-12 is too low also. I've been getting B-12 shots for a couple years but it's still to low. I have to do it once a week for a couple months and recheck the level after that. I decided to do the shots here at home so I don't have to go back to her office all the time. The thryoid is not producing enough hormone. It' sno wonder I've been feeling so tired!! I'm excited to have some answers and hopefully easy solutions.
Thanks for checking on me. Today is the 4th Anniversary of Katia's Transplant; her second chance at life.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Amy-
So glad you recieved some answers from your bloodwork-I had blood drawn yesterday for multiple reasons-mostly feeling tired and weight gain-I hope to have some kind of answer-not knowing what is wrong but knowing something has to be is difficult! Hope you feel better soon- have a good week!

Keep Imagining!
Tracy

Bennie said...

Amy,

Ditto to tracy's commentary. I too have been down and out from some flu bug or a virus that just won't go bye, bye-:) I guess working with different groups of children as a sub can render on prone to all types of medical conditions.

P.S. I haven't been updating my blog either-thanks to "windows vista" operating system meltdown that wiped out all my files...again.

Well, I wish you the bestest of the best speedy recovery -:)