Friday, January 11, 2008

Dancing trees

I took the kids to the park one day during Christmas break. It was really windy that day but other than that it was perfect, a real Chamber of Commerce day. As we got of of the van Nana says, "look mommy, the trees are dancing!!" and she was so excited about it. At first I was thinking how are they dancing, and then I stopped and actually looked at the trees and you know what; they were dancing! I guess I had never described a windy day in such a way, but I love it.

I love how my kids describe people, places and things. And I'm always amazed at how different we see things than our kids, sometimes. I still wonder sometimes if I'm 'grown-up' yet. I remember being about 10 and thinking that when you turned a certain age you would somehow get all the answers to life's questions. I'll be 35 this year and I still wonder when I'll have all the answers. I do know that I will get those answers one day; it just won't be here on Earth. So until then I'll be watching the trees dance and enjoying their beauty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW I love it when "the trees dance!" I was thinking about you this morning and I wanted to check in and see how things were.. Hope everything is going well! Take care guys!
Love ~ Kim Dubin